Wednesday, March 14, 2012

photo tip...

So yesterday I did not write a blog. My fault, but we did write 2 in one day a couple days ago. Any ways today we wanted to share a quick photo tip from our fellow friend.

Tip o' the Day: Dare To Be Different!

Got that Not-So-Fresh feeling?  Today's tip will take care of that!

It seems like a decade ago… because it was.  College was a fun time for me; I chewed up photo classes like daily vitamins, growing stronger with each one. My favorite college photography professor told me something during one of our independent study class sessions that I’ve never forgotten:
Every single session you do, I want you to do something completely different that you’ve never done before.
That was easy at first.  And then it got really, REALLY hard.  Since then I’ve photographed 350ish weddings and more than a thousand portrait sessions.  For that reason alone it’s easy to see how difficult it would be to do something new and that I’ve “never done before” for every single session.  Let me just say this, though: it is possible!  I know because I’ve done it.
The second reason this is hard is because you’re clients usually see images on your blog or website and, to a degree, choose you based on those images.  You might be afraid that you’re not meeting client expectations if you don’t give them the shots they’ve seen, want, and love.  However, you have to take care of YOU.  I believe my professor instilled his meesage in me to keep me fresh or, more importantly, prevent burnout.  I believe that if you keep the creativity part of you burning white hot, you’re not going to experience burnout.

Above and beyond, friends!

P.S. One of my subscribers suggested to me to include a link where you can forward this to friends so they can sign up (thanks, Brent!).  If you like this tip, send it to someone you like and have them subscribe!  Let's lift each other up!

No comments:

Post a Comment