Monday, March 5, 2012

tip o the day.

A couple days ago I mentioned that we would be sharing with everyone something fresh. One of my friends/ mentor is starting TIP OF THE DAY. We will be sharing these with everyone each day along with something from us. Here is his tip (for the photographer)

talk to you soon,
wade


Tip o' the Day: Pay Attention to Your Background

I'm not gonna lie... I spend WAY too much time looking at photographer/mommy blogs!  I love looking at pictures (duh... I'm a PHOTOGRAPHER).  I've found that the more I look at pictures, the bigger my pet peeves get when it comes to images.  One of my biggest pet peeves is when photographers don't pay attention to what is in the background of an image.  Why is this a problem, you ask?

Have you seen an image where there are tree branches growing out of a dude's head and he looks like he has antennae???  All it would take to fix that problem is either a step to the left, or a step to the right.  C'mon... how easy is that?

There are obviously scads of remedies for this problemo - my go-to fix is just to blur out the background.

Goodbye, telephone poles, street signs, and other major annoyances... smell ya later!

No comments:

Post a Comment