Saturday, January 7, 2012

More about us.... but from Jess...

Ok, so I (Jess) decided that I would tell you more about us today.  As Wade told you before, we met at church and had out first date on January 1, 2008.  One of his first questions to me was why facebook (yes, he had already done his homework and read through my facebook) said that my current location was Knoxville, TN.   Well, as he was just about to find out... I went to school in Knoxville.  I was actually getting on a plane at 6 the next morning.  Well, it was a fun first date and we had talked on the phone every day since. So, about two weeks later, I decided that I needed to come home again and see if this long distance thing was really something that I wanted to do.  So.... 11 hours later, I was seeing Wade for the second time!!!  This was when we had our first picture together...
Now, if you know Wade, you are thinking... wow she is as tall as him?!?!  Ummm.... no.  I was standing on a fireplace...  The second half of my master's year, I came home way more than I ever had before and we had lots of fun road trips...
Wade even came all the way to TN to see me!!!
On June 26, 2008, Wade asked me to marry him!!!  This was after a lot of convincing of my parents (I will have him share that story some time).  He had it planned out wonderfully!!!
Almost a year later, on May 30, I married the most wonderful man in the world, and I wouldn't change one thing!
Since that day, we have been working together to grow toward Christ and toward each other.  We love to have fun and laugh.  
Well, I hope you enjoyed learning a little more about us! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment